Dargues Gold Mine – Community Consultative Committee
The Dargues Reef Community Consultative Committee has been established in accordance with the NSW Government, Guidelines for Establishing and Operating Community Consultative Committees for Mining Projects, and Modified Project Approval (10_0054) Schedule 5 (Environmental Management, Reporting and Auditing), Condition 5.
“The Proponent shall establish and operate a Community Consultative Committee (CCC) for the project to the satisfaction of the Director-General and in accordance with the Guidelines for Establishing and Operating Community Consultative Committees for Mining Projects (Department of Planning, 2007, or its latest version). This CCC must be operative at least 3 months prior to the commencement of construction on site.”
- Mr Brian Elton
- Cr Pete Harrison
- Mr Brett Corven
- Mr Bill Waterhouse
- Ms Belinda Royds
- Ms Catherine Harrison
- Mr David Lever
- Ms Jackie French
Unity Mining Limited
- Mr James Dornan
- Mr Chris Corcoran
- Meeting Minutes – April 2012
- Meeting Minutes – July 2012
- Meeting Minutes – October 2012
- Meeting Minutes – January 2013
- Meeting Minutes – April 2013
- Meeting Minutes – July 2013
- Meeting Minutes – September 2013
- Meeting Minutes – December 2013
- Meeting Minutes – February 2014
- Meeting Minutes – September 2014
- Meeting Minutes – November 2014
- Meeting Minutes – July 2015
- Meeting Minutes – August 2015
The Dargues Reef Community Consultative Committee operates under a charter which can be downloaded from here.
Expressions of Interest
Expressions of interest are sought for one community representative member, and four alternate members to join the Community Consultative Committee (CCC) for the Dargues Gold Mine. The CCC was established in 2012 and provides a forum for two way communication between the mine owners and the community to discuss matters relating to the planning and operation of the Gold Mine. The CCC meets regularly and is independently chaired by Mr Brian Elton who was appointed by the Secretary, Department of Planning and Environment.
For more detail on the CCC process and the role of members and alternate members please see the NSW Department of Planning Mining Guidelines 2007 and the Dargues Gold Mine CCC Charter. For copies of these documents please contact email@example.com.
The main selection criteria for CCC members and alternate members are:
- Willingness to contribute constructively to the committee and represent the views of the local and broader community
- Experience and ability in providing feedback to the community and relevant stakeholder groups
- Residing in the local area with a broad awareness and knowledge of local issues
- No real or perceived conflict of interest.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form or any further information. Closing date for applications is 9 October 2015.
The Dargues Reef Gold Project is located at Majors Creek in southern NSW, about 13 kilometres south of Braidwood commenced construction in 2013, but has not yet commenced operations. Recently there has been no substantial activity on the site and the project has been placed on ‘care and maintenance’ under the Mining Act 1992. The owner, a subsidiary of Unity Mining, has lodged an application with the Department of Planning and the Environment for a proposed modification to the project approval.