Overview of Activities
Unity Mining is an Australian gold explorer and producer which owns and operates the Henty Gold Mine on the West Coast of Tasmania and is involved in gold exploration in West Africa through its investment in GoldStone Resources Limited. Unity also holds tenure over the Bendigo Goldfield in Victoria where it has embarked on a plan to realise the value of its Kangaroo Flat gold plant and Bendigo exploration tenements.
Key Company Assets
100% ownership of Henty Gold Mine
- The Henty Gold Mine has been in operation for 15 years and has produced about 1.2 million ounces of gold. The Company acquired the mine in July 2009.
- Historically, gold production has averaged 85,000 ounces per year at a grade of 12.3 g/t gold.
- 43,178 oz gold produced in FY10 at an average cash operating cost of $890.
- Since restarting exploration in August 2009, the Company has announced the discovery of the Read and Newton Zones, and extensions to gold mineralisation in the Tyndall Zone, the Darwin Mid and Darwin South Zones, doubling resources and extending the mine life to around four years.
100% ownership of Dargues Gold Mine
- Development of the 50,000 ozpa Dargues Gold Mine to commence in 2013, with first gold production scheduled for 2014.
- Initial 6 year mine life, with numerous exploration targets located with 2km of the Dargues Gold Mine proving the opportunity to further extend the life of mine.
34% shareholding in GoldStone Resources
- GoldStone is an AIM-listed West African gold exploration company with a highly prospective package of properties in Ghana, Senegal and Gabon.
100% ownership of Bendigo Goldfield
- The Bendigo Goldfield is Australia’s second largest goldfield, having produced some 22 million ounces of gold, to an average depth of 750 metres.