Unity Mining Limited (ASX:UML) is an Australian gold explorer, developer and producer which owns and operates the Henty Gold Mine on the West Coast of Tasmania and is developing the Dargues Gold Mine in New South Wales. Unity is also involved in gold exploration in West Africa through its investment in GoldStone Resources Limited. Unity holds tenure over the Bendigo Goldfield in Victoria where it is engaged in realising the value of its Kangaroo Flat gold plant and Bendigo exploration tenements.
The Henty Gold Mine has produced about 1.3 million ounces of gold over a 16 year period. Unity Mining acquired Henty in July 2009. Recent exploration success has significantly extended the mine life, and continued exploration on the significant near mine tenement package remains a key focus.
The Dargues Gold Mine is located 60km south-east of Canberra in Majors Creek near Braidwood. Majors Creek is the largest historic goldfield in NSW, producing more than 1.25 million ounces.
Cashflow, no debt, no hedging, a robust balance sheet and growing production profile provide Unity with a strong platform for future growth opportunities.
Unity Mining’s aim
The Company’s goal is to be a successful mid-tier gold mining company, operating multiple mines in a responsible manner and achieving strong financial returns. Our strategy is to discover, operate and acquire quality gold assets in Australasia and West Africa to transform the company into a mid-tier gold producer. We will do this by:
- Motivating and developing our people to maximise the performance of our existing operations.
- Exploring directly and in partnership with others.
- Developing, acquiring and investing in projects where we can add value.
- Demonstrating integrity and commitment in everything we do.
Our Competitive Advantages
- Experienced mine developers, operators and explorers
- Competent and safe operators.
- Equipped with the skills to realise the potential of our projects.
- Able to rapidly assess new business opportunities, evaluate project risks and act decisively.
We will target opportunities that are too big for small companies, and too small for large producers.
Our team members will
- Be accountable for their actions and decisions.
- Deliver quality work.
- Be reliable and innovative.
- Value the community and environment in which we operate.