Dargues Gold Mine – Environment
Unity Mining has a strong commitment to the environment and takes a proactive approach in its operations to minimise the impact on the natural environment of the Dargues Gold Mine. Unity’s Health, Safety and Environment Policy can be found here or below on this page “Healtg, Safety, Environment & Community Policy”. The Mine Conditions which the Mine operates under are strict and provide for an open exchange of information with the community and other stakeholders.
This website provides information about:
- Operational Documents
- Complaints Register
- Downstream Water Users
Healtg, Safety, Environment & Community Policy
Unity Mining is committed to operating in a safe and responsible manner, respecting the health of our personnel, the environment and the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical behaviour.
- Work with all personnel to eliminate unsafe conditions and acts from the workplace.
- Identify measurable objectives and targets that will drive the continuous improvement necessary to achieve an injury-free workplace.
- Identify, assess and manage risks to personnel, the local community and the environment.
- Continually improve our health, safety and environmental knowledge, skills and behaviours.
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, standards, codes and other commitments to which the company subscribes.
- Ensure active involvement and open communication with all personnel in health, safety and environmental matters.
- Uphold fundamental human rights and respect the culture, values and heritage of people affected by our activities.
- Engage openly and honestly with people affected by our activities and take their views and concerns into account in our decision making.
- Set and achieve targets that promote the efficient use of natural resources and minimise the impact of our activities on the environment.